Social Investment Business provide finance to create fairer communities and improve people’s lives. We do this by providing the money and support they need directly, partnering to support them effectively and, using our knowledge to inform our own work and influence others.
To say 2020 was an extraordinary year for Social Investment Business would be an understatement. By the end of the year, the team had assessed more than 3300 applications, disbursed nearly £30m of grants, and invested over £15m: all in addition to work that was actually planned. Since 2018, we have become the strategic grants partner to Access and Power to Change, and helped win and establish the £200m Youth Endowment Fund. And we have a burgeoning reputation as a sector leader in data analysis and insights.
It is a hugely exciting time to join the organisation: we are growing and investing in our expert team, and building on the successes of the last few years. We're always on the lookout for people who are passionate about helping charities and social enterprises. Check out our current vacancies to see our latest available positions.
Beliefs and principles mean something at Social Investment Business and play a key part of our recruitment process.
What's it like working for us?
A job at SIB certainly has its perks. Employees have access to:
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus 1-day of birthday leave and bank holidays
- Group life assurance – Death in service scheme which pays three times annual salary
- Employee assistance programme – confidential counselling and information services
- Perkbox – free access to over 200 exclusive perks
- Wellbeing benefit - regular team yoga and mindfulness sessions, a dedicated health and wellbeing week at work every July, and an annual allowance to spend on anything health and wellbeing-related - including courses, gym memberships and health and fitness equipment
- Access to training, personal and professional development - an annual individual budget for training and personal development opportunities
- Cyclescheme - Cyclescheme is an employee benefit that saves you 25-39% on a bike and accessories (or even more with their offers).
- Volunteering and visits – the opportunity to volunteer at or visit one of the many charities and social enterprises we support
- Enhanced Family Friendly benefits - enhanced paternity, maternity, and adoption leave and shared parental leave policies
- Flexible working - flexible start and finish times, or working from home: please note our team are currently based remotely due to the pandemic
We wouldn't be Social Investment Business if we weren't social. Whether it's bake-sales, art classes, or away days there are lots of fun things you can choose to get involved in.
Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Having worked with many organisations that champion equality, diversity and inclusion from all walks of life we're committed to the same principles in our own employment practices.
SIB aims to ensure that no employee receives less favourable treatment due to race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, marital status or civil partnership, maternity/pregnancy or gender reassignment or is disadvantaged by any conditions or requirements being placed on him/her which cannot be justified.
Living Wage Employer
We've been accredited as a London Living Wage employer.
The Living Wage is an hourly rate set independently and updated annually. The Living Wage is calculated according to the basic cost of living using the ‘Minimum Income Standard’ for the UK.
Disability Confident Committed Employer
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to: